If you apply for or obtain a financial product or service where we function as a service provider for our financial institution partners, any information that we collect from and about you related to that financial product or service will be on behalf of the participating financial institutions
FinFirst will not share your data and documents with any other parties except for the participating financial institutions to serve your applied funding.
We collect different types of information about you:
- Business Information: Business Information includes information regarding businesses that use or otherwise access the Services (“Customers”). Business Information may also include information about your customers (i.e., businesses that have a commercial relationship or otherwise transact with Customers) if collected in connection with such Customers’ use or access to the Services. Business Information includes, but is not limited to (1) business name, address, email, and telephone number, (2) company structure, (3) industry type, (4) incorporation date,(5) annual revenue, (6) bank name, (7) business social network data (e.g., likes, posts, followers), (8) accounting information, (9) information regarding our financing transactions and financing experiences with the business, and (10) beneficial ownership information.
- User Information: User Information includes information about the owners, principals, and business representatives, such as name, job title, the user name(s), mailing address, email address, primary telephone number, date of birth.
- General Information: General Information includes technical information such as information regarding your use of and interactions with the Sites. This General Information includes, but is not limited to, information about (1) your Internet connection, (2) the equipment you use to access the Sites and usage details, (3) your operating system, browser version, and internet protocol (IP) address, (4) your mobile device type, your device’s unique identifier, and your mobile network information, and (5) web pages, content, communications, or advertisements that you view or otherwise interact with.
How We Collect Your Information:
- Information Provided by You: We collect any information you provide when you use the Services. For example, we collect User Information and Business Information from you when you (1) register an account on the Sites, (2) fill out forms or fields on the Sites, or (3) complete an application for a product or service available through the Services. We also collect any information you may submit through communications with us by email, mail, text, telephone, or other means. In the event that the application is not completed, the information will remain stored at FinFirst.The Services allow us, at your direction, to obtain user and business information from external entities with which your company maintains accounts such as financial institutions, service providers, and social networking services. For example, we may obtain (1) transactional information about your company from financial institutions, and (2) information about your company’s interaction with clients from social networking services.
- Information Received from Third Parties: In the course of providing the Services, we may also collect additional Business Information or User Information from third parties, including, but not limited to: participating financial institutions, identity verification services, vendors, mailing list providers, consumer reporting agencies, fraud prevention agencies, and publicly available sources. We may combine this information with information we already have about you.
Use of Information:
- Use related to the service: We use the information that we collect about you and from you, whether in the form of personal identification or in the form of aggregate or anonymous, for a number of purposes, including providing, supporting, promoting, and improving services for the participating financial institutions. These uses include: enabling users to obtain financing services, providing customer support, understanding, customizing and enhancing the user experience, determining your eligibility for financing services, verifying your identity, conducting appropriate inspections, keeping your information updated, sending notifications and information related to financing services, measuring and improving performance and functions. Sites, managing and protecting our IT infrastructure, managing and organizing website security, developing new products and services, collecting, using, researching, analyzing, and generating data analytics reports to better understand our customers and improve customer service.
- Communications: We may communicate with you using the information collected (1) for customer service, (2) to provide you with updates or information relating to the Services, or (3) to conduct surveys and collect feedback about the Services.
- Compliance with Law and Our Own Obligations: We may use the information we collect, to the extent permitted or required under applicable laws (`) to enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights, including intellectual property infringement, (1) to detect and protect against potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud and unauthorized access, (3) in response to lawful requests for information or legal process, (4) to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim, and (5) to comply with our contractual obligations, our policies, industry standards, and applicable laws.
- Other Purposes: We may use the information we collect for other purposes (like new services, or offers) for which we provide notice to you at the time of collection to obtain your consent.
- Aggregate Data: We may process your information in an anonymized or aggregated form for purposes other than described above.
We may share Business Information, User Information, and General Information as follows:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: We may share your information with and amongst our affiliates and subsidiaries for any of the purposes described in the Use of Information section above.
- Service Providers: We may engage service providers to assist us in providing Services. These service providers may provide services such as fraud prevention, cloud computing, cybersecurity, identity verification, credit checks.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures: We may disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (1) comply with applicable laws, regulations, and card association rules, (2) comply with regulatory investigations, enforcement requests, and legal processes, such as subpoenas, court orders, and bankruptcy notices, (3) respond to your requests or resolve disputes or inquiries, (4) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, confidentiality, security or technical issues, (5) respond to regulatory authorities jurisdiction over us for examinations, compliance, or other purposes, (6) respond to requests from participating financial institutions or third-party auditors, and (7) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety, or the security or integrity of our Services.
- Business Partners: We may disclose information about you with our participating financial institutions, in connection with jointly offered products and financial services, as well as products and financial services offered by these participants and made available through the financial services or which we believe may be of interest to you or your business. These participants are generally subject to contractual obligations entered into with us restricting how they may use this information.
- Corporate Changes and Transactions: We may disclose your information in connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale or transfer of some or all of our stock and/or assets; equity or debt financings, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Information: We may sell, license or distribute information in anonymized or aggregated form so that the information does not identify a specific user, without restriction, including, but not limited to, for producing data analytics and reports for business partners.
- Consent: FinFirst will not disclose your information to any third party other than our financial institution participants, in order to provide you with the financing offers and financing services required by you.
- Other Purpose: To fulfill the purpose for which you provide such information to us or any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information to us.
If you are a user of our applications, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device even when you are not logged in. We may use push notifications to send you notifications related to the Services and various triggers based on your selections.
If you are a registered user of the Services, you may review or modify certain Business Information and User Information we have collected about you by logging into your account for the Services and updating your profile. This section of the Site is password-protected to better safeguard your information. If you would like to change any other information that you cannot independently correct, you may submit a request for such updates by contacting us. Under certain circumstances, we may not be able to fulfill your requests, such as if it restricts our ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations or legal process, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort. In such instances, we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation of our decision.
Security of Information:
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. Your information is securely sent to us with at least 128-bit encryption over the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol. This creates an encrypted connection between your browser and us so that any sensitive information you provide can be securely transmitted.
We are not responsible for protecting any information we share with a participating financial institution on an account connection that you have authorized.
This Site and products or financial services available through this Site are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly solicit or market online to children under the age of 18. If we receive a child’s personally identifiable information, we will immediately delete it from our system. Contact us at the email address or phone number in the Contact Us section if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 18.
If you choose to participate in a referral service program to tell a business about the Services, we will ask you for the business’s name and email address. Depending on the Services used, we will send the referred business an email either directly or on behalf of our business or financial institution partners, inviting the business to use the Services. We store information about the business for the purpose of sending an email and tracking the success of the referral program. We may send additional emails to the business directly or on behalf of our business or financial institution partners unless the business opts out of receiving such emails. Businesses that you refer may contact us to request that we remove their information from our database.
We will retain your information for (1) as long as reasonably necessary to provide you Services, (2) as long as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or (3) as long as necessary to comply with applicable laws and internal policies regarding recordkeeping, reporting, audits and litigation holds. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, you may contact us at the email address or phone number in the Contact Us section. We will nonetheless retain your information to the extent that we deem necessary to comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, as needed to provide you Services.